BCLC PlayNow.com (British Columbia’s online sports lottery) and PlayNow Manitoba are the closest thing that Canadian provinces have to an online sportsbook.
Playnow Mobile Manitoba Canada
In addition, the PlayNow manitoba site is limited in the number of games mobile it offers. Sign-in for both PlayNow and free market online casino sites is free. Registering at a free market casino, such as the highly-ranked All Slots Casino mobile.playnow quick and easy: name, email address, a username and mobile.playnow unique password. As of January 1st, 2020, PlayNow.com no longer provides browser support for IE 11. If you choose to use IE 11 we cannot guarantee you will be able to login or use the site. We advise you switch to the latest version of either Edge, Firefox or Chrome.
As you can see in the image above, they offer a ton of different betting options (listed in the dropdown menu in the top left of the screen).
Their home page is colourful and attractive, and they also do a good job promoting their various betting specials (such as which team Steven Stamkos would sign with in the summer of 2016).
In our article that compared all of Canada’s provincial sports lotteries, we ranked PlayNow.com No. 1. You’ll likely understand why we did so after reading this complete BCLC Playnow.com and PlayNow Manitoba review.
BCLC PlayNow.com and PlayNow Manitoba Bonuses
Unlike other provincial sports lotteries in Canada, PlayNow runs bonus promotions (if you lose your first mobile bet, you get your money back, etc.).
Granted, those promotions are not quite as good as online sportsbooks that offer up to $200 cash on your first deposit (such as several of the best sportsbooks for Canadians that we recommend).
But it’s definitely better than nothing.
PlayNow Tie Rules
PlayNow doesn’t have those confusing tie rules that vary across Canada (Sports Action, the lottery terminal version of B.C.’s sports lottery, does).
However, you can still select ties on their 3-way oddset (a tie in baseball is a 1-run game, a tie in football is a 7-point game, etc.).
When it comes to odds, PlayNow compares pretty well to online sportsbooks.
Here’s a sample of how a 2-game MLB parlay paid at PlayNow, compared to online sportsbook Pinnacle.com (payouts highlighted in pink).
PlayNow pays $403 ($303 profit, since your original $100 wager is included in the payout) while Pinnacle pays $431 ($331 profit) – just a $28 (or 8.5%) difference in profit.
PlayNow Parlay Requirements
As you can see in the odds comparison above, PlayNow allows you to bet on a minimum of 2 games. Most other provincial sports lotteries demand you parlay at least 3 outcomes onto your ticket.
And in some cases, you can even bet on one thing at a time at PlayNow as long as it combines at least two outcomes.
For example, you don’t need to parlay anything with a prop bet on the Blue Jays to win by 1 run, because it requires the Blue Jays to win and for the margin of victory to be 1 run.
PlayNow Mobile And Online Betting
BCLC PlayNow.com and PlayNow Manitoba accept online betting (including live betting) as well as a wide variety of props and futures – setting them apart from other provincial sports lotteries even more.
Several other provincial sports lotteries offer online betting, but PlayNow mobile and desktop platforms offer the best online betting in our opinion.
For a provincial sports lottery that generates money for the government and requires parlays, BCLC PlayNow.com and PlayNow Manitoba do a terrific job of servicing Canadian sports bettors.
However, if you want the absolute best odds on every bet you make, the ability to bet 1 game at a time or the chance to get signup and reload bonuses, we recommend you check out the best online sportsbooks for Canadians.
|Online Gambling Website|
|Owner||British Columbia Lottery Corporation|
PlayNow.com is an online gambling website that is owned and operated by the British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC).
Playnow Full Site
Net revenues generated by PlayNow.com gambling activities are directed back to the Provincial Governments to go towards essential services, like health care, education and community groups across British Columbia and Manitoba.
PlayNow.com is the only regulated website in both British Columbia and Manitoba for players to legally gamble on. Action bank movies.
PlayNow.com is for individual use only; not to be used for group play as per section 3.01 in the PlayNow player agreement.
Launched in 2004, PlayNow.com offers a variety of gambling services, including casino, poker, bingo, lottery and sports betting.
In June 2010, PlayNow.com became the very first provincially operated casino website in North America.
In December 2010, a player from Vancouver Island won the largest-ever online prize in Canada with a $7.6 million winning Lotto 6/49 ticket purchased on PlayNow.com.
In February 2011, PlayNow.com began offering peer-to-peer poker in collaboration with Loto-Quebec.
In April 2012, Manitoba Lotteries partnered with BCLC to provide services to conduct and manage an online gambling website for Manitobans through a similar site to PlayNow.com.
In January 2013 Playnow Manitoba launched based on British Columbia's PlayNow.com business model.
Player safety and security
Gambling education and resources are embedded into PlayNow.com, including:
- Strict age and residency controls with independent identity verification
- Player pre-set deposit limit with 24-hour delay for all increase request.
- Session logs that show time and amount spent.
- Purchase history so players can track play and spending for 52 weeks.
- Responsible play and problem gambling help information on all pages.
- Username and password-protected accounts, secure payment methods and strict privacy controls.
- Players must use a verified credit card to deposit money into their account.
- GameSense information to help players make informed choices and understand games, the odds and the potential risks.
- Low limits and a 1-week waiting period to be able to re-bet the same selection after betting the limit.
PlayNow.com offers a variety of popular online casino games such as slots, Blackjack, Sic Bo, and Roulette.
Playnow Mobile Manitoba Jobs
Additionally several of these games, including Chain Reactors and Super Cubes, have progressive Jackpots. The casino portfolio at PlayNow.com also includes reactor games.
In addition, the website offers a wide selection of poker games, and single and multi-table tournaments including a progressive Bad Beat Jackpot.
- ^'PlayNow.com partners with Roberto Luongo'. CNW Group Ltd. Archived from the original on 2 May 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- ^'Playnow Factsheet'(PDF). Archived from the original(PDF) on June 9, 2012. Retrieved June 27, 2012.
- ^'As It Happens with Carol Off and Jeff Douglas'. CBC. July 21, 2010. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- ^'Islander scores Canada's largest ever online lottery win'. Archived from the original on June 9, 2012. Retrieved June 27, 2012.
- ^'BCLC Welcomes You to Vancouver'. Canadian Gaming Summit. Archived from the original on 24 June 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- ^http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bclc-partners-with-manitoba-lotteries-for-online-gambling-2012-04-05[permanent dead link]
- ^'About PlayNow.com'. BCLC. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- ^'Online Casino - Slots, Blackjack, Roulette'. BCLC. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- ^'Welcome to PlayNow Poker'.